Regardless of everything that happened, my heart does break for him in the smallest of ways. I do believe I had unlocked another part to his wellbeing, slowly illuminating fresh perspectives to his life. We loved exploring these together, both him and I, and I really did believe he had the potential to become something great.
I found out things no one had ever bothered to explore before
He was quiet
He was calm
And he was sensitive
And deep down he was a genuinely good person, one who deserved all the love in the world.
But he couldn’t accept it
He couldn’t accept it because his family and friends didn’t want it for him, and he didn’t know anything more than how to keep them happy. It didn’t matter that he had to break his neck, bend over backwards, quietly accept the silent indignities committed against him while he made his way through the turmoil. His family tore down his dreams and aspirations time and time again, manipulated and nagged their way into having complete control over his life, believing power and control were the only way forward (boy were they disappointed).
And when the consequences of his childhood caught up with him, each and every person he had listened to turned their backs. He had sacrificed happiness his entire life, just to be left alone when he needed them the most. He was left to fend for himself, an empty broken shell of the man I truly believe he could have been.
I pray for him whenever I remember him, and wish him well
As for them, I don’t think they will ever learn their lesson, but I do hope he moves on and finds peace🙏🏽
(And you)
(And all of us)
No comments:
Post a Comment